The department operates under the guidance of the Agriculture Committee at the Federation of the Lebanese Chambers which regroups representatives from the four regional chambers in addition to the concerned private and public institutions.
The Chamber seeks to protect and defend the interests of agricultural stakeholders particularly in terms of agro policies, development programs, exhibitions and trade agreements.
Among the main activities:
- Collaborating with the regional chambers and governmental institutions for the organization and development of the agricultural sector;
- Conducting regular meetings to tackle the controversial issues relating to the agriculture sector in presence of representatives from regional chambers, concerned ministries and key sectors.
- Lobbying role to protect interests of the agricultural sector in terms of policies, laws and trade agreements
- Contributing to negotiations pertaining to agriculture sector in terms of trade agreements between Lebanon and partner countries.
- Participating in local and international agricultural exhibitions and supporting Lebanese farmers and agro companies financially and technically to take part in these events.
- Collaborating with governmental and international institutions in planning and implementing agricultural development programs;
- Providing information pertaining to agricultural sector covering export markets, trade agreement, products specifications requirements, statistics and legislations.